Passport Renewal Forms Printable

Passport Renewal Form DS-82 must be filled out and mailed to the National Passport Processing Center with the old passport for renewal. If your passport was lost, you must apply for a new passport, do not file Form DS-82. Instead, make an application for a new passport with DS-11.

When filling out Form DS-82, you must answer all the questions as yes, otherwise, you need to make a new passport application. In addition to these, since you’re going to mail your old passport, it must meet certain requirements. These requirements are as follows.

  • You must have your old passport book or card.
  • It must be undamaged other than normal wear.
  • Your passport shows your current name or you can provide documents that prove name change. For example, for a name change due to marriage, provide your marriage certificate.
  • It was issued to you when you were at least 16 years old.
  • It was issued to you in the past 15 years.

What to include in my passport renewal application?

First and foremost, you must mail your passport renewal application with the required documents. You can’t just go to a U.S. Postal Office and apply for a passport renewal as renewal and new application is done differently.

In your passport renewal application, put your DS-82 and the following documents in an envelope that is large enough so you wouldn’t need to fold in half.

  • Passport Appropriate Photo (must be colored)
  • Proof of Fee Payment
    • Fee for passport books is $110 and $30 for passport cards
  • Your old passport book or card

If the name shown on your passport is different than your current name, include documents that prove the name change.

Form DS-82 Passport Renewal Application Mailing Address

State of ResidenceMailing Address
California, Texas, New York, Illinois, Minnesota, or FloridaNational Passport Processing Center
Post Office Box 940155
Irving, Texas 75064-0155
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, or WyomingNational Passport Processing Center
Post Office Box 90155
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Note: Same as mailing any other government form or document, mail it using USPS. Do not use any Private Delivery Service such as FedEx or UPS. If you mail your application with a PDS, your application forms will be sent back to you.

After your application reaches its destination, your renewed passport should get back to you in about two weeks. Your old passport is also going to be mailed to you but in a separate package. So, you will receive two packages from the National Passport Processing Center. One is your renewed passport and the other is the old passport you’ve sent with your renewal application.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button