Form IT-203 is one of the forms that need to be filled by nonresidents or part-year residents earning income in New York state. It is filed for income tax return and in general, you need to submit a wide range of income forms such as alimony, interest, or wages.
As you can submit your form by visiting the Department of Taxation and Finance in New York, you can also visit their official website to submit your file online. Just like all other taxing forms, these forms are also updated every year. If you are going to request a tax return for the tax year 2021, make sure that you are going to use the most recent forms, i.e., Form IT-203 2022. In this guide, we have provided detailed information about Form IT-203 and other relevant forms you may need to fill out.
Who Should Fill Form IT-203?
Since Form IT-203 is a form issued by the New York Department of Taxation and Finance, it is only designed for individuals who earn an income in New York. Besides the IRS, many states have their own tax return procedures for those who are not the residents or part-year residents but earning an income in the state.
These people may be living in a different state but running a business in New York or they may be living in New York only a certain portion of the year. In this regard, these people need to specify which of their income is subject to taxes charged in the state and which is not subject to tax.
What Are Additional Forms for Form IT-203?
Depending on your current situation, type of income, the status of your residency, and tax return request, you may have to fill out different forms and attach them to Form IT-203. In this regard, you may want to get one or more of the following forms.
- Form IT-203-A | Nonresident Business Allocation Schedule
- Form IT-203-ATT | Other Tax Credits and Taxes
- Form IT-203-B | Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Allocation and College Tuition Itemized Deduction Worksheet
- Form IT-203-C | Nonresident or Part-Year Resident Spouse’s Certification
- Form IT-203-D | Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Itemized Deduction Schedule
- Form IT-203-F | Multi-Year Allocation Form
- Form IT-203-GR | Group Return for Nonresident Partners
- Form IT-203-GR-ATT-A | Schedule A – New York State Group Return for Nonresident Partners
- Form IT-203-GR-ATT-B | Schedule B – Yonkers Group Return for Nonresident Partner
- Form IT-203-X| Amended Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return
These are the most commonly used forms that anyone earning an income as a nonresident or part-year resident fills. In general, New York state usually releases the new forms between January and April. You can always reach the updated versions of these forms by visiting the Department of Taxation and Finance in New York City.